- RSS Channel Showcase 2542988
- RSS Channel Showcase 4595044
- RSS Channel Showcase 2231112
- RSS Channel Showcase 3683775
Articles on this Page
- 10/07/09--18:16: _The good, the bad a...
- 01/15/14--05:57: _And the results are...
- 02/13/14--10:59: _Bad teams! Bad!
- 03/12/14--09:44: _Donald Chump’s “You...
- 05/15/14--12:29: _Johnny Manziel and ...
- 07/19/14--15:17: _A house party I’d r...
- 08/17/14--09:00: _Barred Conversation...
- 08/24/14--13:44: _Michael Sam sacks J...
- 12/15/14--12:44: _Twitterverse welcom...
- 09/04/15--06:21: _Debunking the Clean...
- 10/04/15--20:19: _Twitter eases the p...
- 11/25/15--16:36: _Ask not for whom th...
- 12/02/15--12:27: _Compose campaign sl...
- 02/22/16--01:27: _Ask not for whom th...
- 03/18/16--11:19: _Does anybody rememb...
- 04/25/16--10:28: _The voting off
- 08/18/16--15:48: _Sports, lies and vi...
- 12/27/16--11:52: _The least desirable...
- 03/15/17--10:11: _Not only college te...
- 09/14/17--08:55: _Why 21 doesn’t matter
- 10/07/09--18:16: The good, the bad and the fugly: An NFL quarterly
- 01/15/14--05:57: And the results are in…
- 02/13/14--10:59: Bad teams! Bad!
- 03/12/14--09:44: Donald Chump’s “You’re Fired,” Volume Two: NFL free agents
- 05/15/14--12:29: Johnny Manziel and the Cleveland honeymoon
- 07/19/14--15:17: A house party I’d rather not attend
- 12/15/14--12:44: Twitterverse welcomes Johnny Manziel to the NFL… the hard way
- 09/04/15--06:21: Debunking the Clean Slate Myth
- 10/04/15--20:19: Twitter eases the pain of another sordid Sunday
- 11/25/15--16:36: Ask not for whom the seat’s hot… it’s hot for three
- 12/02/15--12:27: Compose campaign slogan, win fabulous prizes
- 02/22/16--01:27: Ask not for whom the bell tolls, it tolls for Johnny Football
- 03/18/16--11:19: Does anybody remember here John Manziel?
- 04/25/16--10:28: The voting off
- 08/18/16--15:48: Sports, lies and videotape
- 12/27/16--11:52: The least desirable Christmas gift ever
- 09/14/17--08:55: Why 21 doesn’t matter
What have we learned in the first four weeks of this NFL season other than we’re damn glad football is finally back? We know there are a number of quality teams that are playing some really good football. Then Continue reading
Before I congratulate the winner of my Third Annual NFL Over/Under Pick ‘Em Contest, I would like to declare a moment of silence for my football picks this season. … Okay, now that that’s out of the way. If we Continue reading
“That’s right, that’s right. We bad! Uh huh!” -Richard Pryor, Stir Crazy, 1980 We’ve talked a lot about fandom over the past few months, more specifically when it is acceptable for sports fans to switch allegiances and what rights we Continue reading
What was that old board game we used to play as children, the one with the dice in the plastic bubble where we’d press down on the bubble to see the dice pop around like popcorn until they finally landed Continue reading
The post Donald Chump’s “You’re Fired,” Volume Two: NFL free agents appeared first on Sports Chump.
I’ve never been married but I hear honeymoons can be nice. They’ve got heart-shaped beds, full-body massages and champagne and strawberries fed to you on a whim. I mean, that’s what happens, right? No? Okay, so maybe I’ve been misled. Continue reading
I recently celebrated a birthday. Somewhat surprisingly Johnny Manziel did not attend the festivities. Apparently he didn’t get the memo. There was once a time where many of us reveled in the opportunity to meet famous people. Some of us Continue reading
I was chatting up my local bartender after a mid-afternoon round of golf the other day when I stumbled onto yet another bizarre sports conversation. The gentleman pouring the drinks had a few years on me. A replay of some Continue reading
The post Barred Conversations: Johnny Manziel, Madonna, Moody Blues and Hall of Fame Worthiness appeared first on Sports Chump.
This pre-season, two NFL players have been talked about more than any others. Those two men are Michael Sam and Johnny Manziel. (And BOOM! Just by mentioning those two names in my opening paragraph, my website received a million more Continue reading
The post Michael Sam sacks Johnny Manziel!!! In other less important news, Sam Bradford is out for the season. appeared first on Sports Chump.
It was bound to happen. When Cleveland Browns head coach Mike Pettine finally succumbed to the pressure of an entire city by starting rookie sensation/eventual reality television star Johnny “Football” Manziel over more proven commodity, Brian Hoyer, the internet was Continue reading
The post Twitterverse welcomes Johnny Manziel to the NFL… the hard way appeared first on Sports Chump.
How many times have you heard it? It’s the beginning of the football season and “every team starts with a clean slate.” That’s laughable. While it’s certainly mathematically logical to say that all 32 NFL teams have a chance at Continue reading
Ah yes, the frustration of the Sunday afternoon for those of us who root for NFL teams that are, shall we say, lacking. I’m becoming convinced the reason so many of us play fantasy football is because the real-life teams Continue reading
We’ve talked on end about how fickle the sports world is and how quickly things can change. Whether you’re talking pro sports or collegiate, fans, alumni, boosters and owners all want to know what you have done for them lately. Continue reading
The post Ask not for whom the seat’s hot… it’s hot for three appeared first on Sports Chump.
Rarely do we talk politics here at SportsChump. This isn’t the venue for that. I’m not here to ram my political opinions down your throat nor do I want anyone else doing the same. However, since next year is an Continue reading
The NFL has another very important decision to make soon. This one has nothing to do with whether a player stepped out of bounds or if a pass should be ruled incomplete. Cleveland Brown quarterback Johnny Manziel allegedly struck his Continue reading
The post Ask not for whom the bell tolls, it tolls for Johnny Football appeared first on Sports Chump.
“This is the end. My only friend, the end.” - Jim Morrison, The Doors I came home from a hectic night’s work last Saturday and immediately took to Twitter. Johnny Manziel had been released by the Cleveland Browns earlier that Continue reading
This is hardly an original concept. The television show Survivor made it popular many moons ago. I never watched the show, or maybe I did once against my will, but I’m pretty sure it wasn’t the first elimination-style game show Continue reading
“Overprivileged white guy goes to a foreign country, destroys property, blames it on brown people, lies about it all, flees the country, and gets hailed as a hero. Ryan Lochte is Peak American.” Dr. Milhouse, Facebook post circa 2016 Continue reading
I was walking around the mall the other afternoon, looking for last minute Christmas gifts for loved ones (I’m a procrastinator; that’s what I do) when I stumbled into one of those stores that sells calendars, games, toys and what Continue reading
College basketball’s March Madness isn’t the only dance craze sweeping the nation this month. In 32 cities around the country, NFL GMs, coaches and owners sit in their war rooms and discuss doling out higher salaries than those given to Continue reading
The post Not only college teams dance this March, Twitter’s commentary on NFL free agency appeared first on Sports Chump.
The Cleveland Indians have won 21 straight baseball games. That’s a new Major League record, which is pretty impressive considering the sport, for better or for worse, has been around since anyone reading this website has been alive. That’s right, Continue reading